St. Mary’s (16-3)
Cardinal Ritter (14-5)
Miller Career (12-5)
Northwest Academy (11-6)
- Chaminade (16-2) - The Red Devils lost their first game since Dec 10 against Champaign Central to Chicago Whitney Young 79-69 in which they led 42-32 at halftime. It is their first defeat at home since an 80-73 loss against CBC on Dec 12, 2013. Two big MCC games this week at De Smet and then at home against CBC.
- Webster Groves (13-2) - The big man on campus, Cart’Are Gordon returned to the scene and led the Statesmen to two huge wins over Ritenour (67-65) and a signature win over SLUH (59-43). Webster still has plenty of work to do this week as they face Lafayette tonight and then face Morgan Park from Chicago in the Bank of O’Fallon Shootout.
- SLUH (15-5) - The five-game winning streak came to an end at Danis Fieldhouse this past Friday night with their loss Webster Groves. The Jr. Bills found it hard to get points in the paint and from anywhere else. They’ll entertain the two Kirkwood teams, Vianney and the Pioneers this week.
- Hazelwood Central (13-7) - Won a loaded Ameritime Classic in dominant fashion by beating Liberty (62-47), Parkway Central (60-35) and Lafayette (70-39) in the finals. Big rivalry game on the road against McCluer North tonight.
- CBC (12-8) - A nice 61-41 victory over Springfield Parkview should revamp the Cadets after a tough three-point loss to SLUH 10 days ago. Perhaps their biggest game of the season awaits them on Friday as they host Chaminade.
- Ladue (14-4) - Down by 18 in the third quarter against Westminster, but came back to win 63-59. On Friday they beat Hazelwood West 78-51, but were only ahead 27-23 at halftime. Two huge conference games on against Parkway Central and Parkway West.
- Ritenour (14-5) - Gave Webster Groves a huge scare at home, but fell just short on a layup that would’ve forced overtime as time expired to lose 67-65. They came back and beat Mehlville 102-82 and shot 72 shots in the process.
- Parkway West (13-4) - Fell to Parkway South in the first round of the Ameritime Classic at their place, but rebounded with good wins over De Smet and Hillsboro. Face U City and Ladue at home this week, and if they win both, then they will be two-time Suburban Central Conference champions.
- Francis Howell (14-4) - The Vikings have won six of their last seven including a 57-37 victory over rivals Francis Howell Central. They play Normandy on Friday, but not before a big conference showdown between Timberland.
- Lafayette (9-9) - Were 4-8 three weeks ago, but the Lancers have found their form it appears. They have defeated Parkway South two times this month (who I would’ve picked besides LHS), upset previously ranked De Smet (59-53) in the first round of the Ameritime Classic and made it to the finals before getting crushed by Hazelwood Central. May not be here for long, but they have earned it for the time being.